- Find a supervisor and a thesis topic/project: You can review the available thesis topics/projects below or you can independently contact MIE faculty members who you are interested in working with. The website will be updated with project submissions as they become available.
- Once you have found a faculty member who will supervise you, submit the Thesis Enrollment Form to the MIE Undergraduate Office at email@example.com. Ensure that your supervisor signs the form.
- Attach a 1-page outline of the project you plan to undertake.
a. Explain how the research project builds upon one or more aspects of engineering science introduced in the student’s academic program
b. Provide an estimate of a level of effort not less than 130 productive hours of work per term
c. Specify a deliverable in each term to be submitted by the last day of lectures
- Final submission date for the Thesis topic forms: 5 business days prior the last day to add courses
- If approved, your research thesis will be added to your transcript on ACORN by the MIE UG Office. If it is not approved, we will notify you by email.
Note: Approval to register for the fourth-year thesis course (MIE498H1 or MIE498Y1) must be obtained from the Associate Chair – Undergraduate and is normally restricted to fourth year students with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.7.
- A Semantic Parser to Convey Negation Meanings
- Development of an Integrated System for Characterization of Artificial Muscles
- Efficient Evaluation of CAD Skill in Individual Users
- Exploring the Presence and Cause of Manufacturing Fixation Design in Novice Mechanical Engineers
- Quaternion-Based Attitude Control of a Solar Sail
- Review and Advancements of Truncated-Correlation Photothermal Coherence Tomography
- The Investigation of Generative Adversarial Networks for the Generation of Synthetic Computer Tomography Data from Magnetic Resonance Imaging Images for Applications
- 2023-2024 Thesis Handbook
- 2023-2024 Thesis Enrollment Form
- One-Page Proposal Template
- Progress Report Template
- MIE498 Final Thesis Report Template
- MIE498 Final Grade Submission Form
- MIE498 Grading Rubric
Research projects are added on an ongoing basis, please check back often!