Call 911 if at immediate risk, then call Campus Police at 416-978-2222
Connect with the Gerstein Centre 24 hour Crisis Line at 416-929-5200. The Gerstein Centre offers crisis intervention to adults living in Toronto who experience mental health problems. Services include telephone support, community visits and a short-stay residence.
Dial 1-866-925-5454 to talk
Good2Talk is a free, confidential helpline providing professional counselling and information for mental health, addictions and wellbeing for post-secondary students in Ontario. Call the helpline at 1-866-925-5454, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
My SSP helpline for international students
Call 1-844-451-9700 (or 001-416-380-6578 outside North America)
My SSP provides international students with free, confidential, 24 hour support for any school, health, or general life concern at no cost and in over 140 languares. Call or chat with a counsellor directly from your phone whenever, wherever you are at 1-844-451-9700 (or 001-416-380-6578 outside North America).
U of T Health & Wellness Centre
The Health & Wellness Centre provides general medical services including health check-ups as well as mental health services such as counselling and group therapy. All students who have registered and paid fees at U of T are eligible for services.
The Centre is located at the Koffler Student Services Centre, 214 College Street (2nd floor) and is open Monday to Friday.
Call 416-978-8030 (Monday to Friday between 9 am and 4:30 pm) to book an appointment with a doctor or counselor.
Wellness programs at Hart House
The Hart House hosts weekly mindfulness meditation classes, fitness and nutrition workshops, learn to run programs, crafting sessions and more.
Visit the Hart House website for more information.
Get Moving with MoveU
- Call 911 if you are in immediate danger, then call Campus Police at 416-978-2222 who can direct your call to the right service.
- If you have experienced sexual violence, go to a Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence treatment centre immediately for treatment and support:
- Women's College Hospital Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Care Centre, 76 Grenville St., Room 1305, 416-323-6040
- View more sexual assault resources on the U of T Safety website
- Contact TravelSafer at 416-978-7233 to get a free escort if walking alone on campus
- Call 416-397-5637 for emergency shelter, hostel services and central intake
- For personal safety concerns such as domestic violence, sexual assault and bullying, contact the Community Safety Office at 416-978-1485.