July 17, 2019
- First day U of T Engineering students can make changes to their personal timetables on ACORN (6:00 am)
- First day for U of T engineering students can add Arts & Science (A&S) courses with reserved seating on ACORN (6:00 am).
August 7, 2019
First day U of T engineering students can enrol in all Arts & Science (A&S) courses on ACORN (6:00 am)
August 15, 2019
Last day to pay or defer fees
September 5, 2019
Engineering lectures in F and Y term courses begin
September 13, 2019
Last day waitlists are operational for F and Y term courses
September 18, 2019
Last day students can add or substitute Fall term (F) or full-year (Y) courses on ACORN
November 4, 2019
- Last day students can drop F term courses without academic penalty, including Fall term courses taken in A&S.
- Last day students can apply to transfer to part-time studies.
Last day students can withdraw from the Fall term without academic penalty.*
December 4, 2019
Last day of lectures in the F term; all term work should be submitted by this date.
December 6 - 20, 2019
F term U of T Engineering exams (the Faculty will hold exams on Saturdays and evenings during this period). Exams for courses offered by other Faculties may be held during other periods.
December 24 - January 3, 2020
Winter break: University closed
January 6, 2020
Lectures begin in U of T Engineering S term courses and resume in Y Session courses.
January 16, 2020
Last day students can waitlist S term courses.
January 19, 2020
Last day students can add or substitute S term courses.
February 17, 2020
Last day students can drop Y (full-year) courses without academic penalty.*
Note: A student taking a full-year core course will not be allowed to drop this course in the Winter term if a recalculation of his or her Fall term load shows that dropping the course will reduce the F term course load to fewer than 2.5 credits.
February 17 - February 21, 2020
Reading Week: No lectures, tutorials or practicals.
March 15, 2020
- Last day students can drop S term courses without academic penalty, including S term courses taken in A&S.
- Last day students can transfer to part-time studies.
- Last day students can withdraw from S term without academic penalty.*
- Last day students can apply to re-enrol for the 2020 Fall term.
April 9, 2020
- Last day of U of T Engineering lectures in S and Y term courses; all term work should be submitted by this date.
- Last day students can apply for late withdrawal without documentation (LWD) from electives for U of T Engineering courses
April 14 - April 28, 2020
S and Y term exams.
Note: Exams for courses offered by other faculties may be held outside of this period.
May 15, 2020
Application deadline for transfers between engineering programs.
(*) Pending approval by Faculty Council
The last date to cancel a course or cancel your registration in a session with no academic penalty may not always coincide with the last date that you are eligible for a refund. Review the refund schedules for applicable dates and deadlines: www.fees.utoronto.ca