Please review the Engineering Academic Calendar for a completed list of the Industrial Engineering Degree Requirements
- The Department is not able to schedule all fourth-year courses without conflict. However, students are required to select courses that allow for a conflict-free timetable.
- At least one technical elective in each of the 4F and 4W session must be chosen from the provided listings. Students who want to take a technical elective substitute are required to obtain formal Departmental approval from the Undergraduate Office.
- Industrial Engineering students are required to complete a two-term Capstone Design project, MIE490Y1, supervised by a licensed member of the University of Toronto teaching staff.
- At least two of the four (0.5 credit) Complementary Studies Electives to be taken between third and fourth year must be Humanities/Social Sciences courses (see the Complementary Studies section at the beginning of this chapter). Students are responsible for ensuring that each elective taken is approved. Please consult the electives list available on the Engineering Office of the Registrar’s website.
- Approval to register for the fourth-year thesis course (MIE498H1 or MIE498Y1) must be obtained from the Associate Chair – Undergraduate, and is normally restricted to students with an overall average of at least B in their second and third years. A summer thesis course is also available.