Saturday, January 20, 2018
Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, Room 4418
252 Bloor Street West
Registration has closed.
This blended program gives learners the opportunity to develop the knowledge, skill and attitudes that will help you fulfill your role as a critical link in a healthy, safe workplace. The combination of eLearning and one-day classroom training will enable you to move your workplace beyond minimum compliance to demonstrate leadership by creating a positive safety culture, adopting a “best in class” mindset, and reducing injuries, illnesses, and fatalities. Strong, positive leadership leads to improved employee engagement and more productive operations.
PSHSA’s program is designed to provide a deeper understanding of occupational health and safety, the many factors that must be in place to ensure a safe work environment, and the serious consequences that can result when just one or some of those factors are not in place.
Upon completion of this program, learners will be able to:
- Recognize Ontario’s occupational health and safety legislation
- Demonstrate improved knowledge of supervisory roles and responsibilities and how these link to your workers, employer and workplace
- Explore emergency preparedness and the key steps of an emergency response plan
- Apply the RACE/PEMEP methodologies to real life workplace case studies
- Explore how to prevent and respond to incidents in the workplace
- Understand the importance of health and safety culture
- Identify leadership traits and practices that can contribute to making your workplace healthy and safe
- Access practices and resources that assist with moving beyond compliance