Tuesday, November 9, 2021
You’re invited to a night of Real Talk with engineering alumni about the intersection of engineering skills and social change. Equip yourself with knowledge that can help you make decisions about when to act for social change versus when to step back, learn how to find your way when you want to contribute your engineering skills but don’t know how, and better understand how engineers can strike a balance between supporting others and empowering themselves to lead.
This night will offer:
- Tools and take-aways from working alumni that you can use as you decide on and a plan a course to contribute to social justice initiatives with engineering skills and expertise.
- Find out how engineering alumni have empowered themselves,
- The hard lessons they’ve learned about social change work, how they’ve adjusted their approaches and persevered
- The power of deep listening
- A chance for you to plot your own steps towards empowering yourself and others in the face of overwhelming projects for systemic change, including preliminary learning.