Become a Participating Client to our Capstone Design Course
Senior University of Toronto Industrial and Mechanical Engineering students are available to work on projects of your choice to improve your business practices. By taking advantage of state-of-the-art technology, you keep up with, or ahead of, your competitors.
Engineering By Design from U of T Engineering on Vimeo.
Click here to become a participating Capstone client.
This initiative is a win-win undertaking between your organization and the University of Toronto. While you would have the benefit of improving your business practices, our students would have gained valuable real-life experience of applying the scientific methods they learn.
For our academic year 2011-2012, the number of proposed projects has exceeded the number of projects that our graduating students could take on. As a result, some client proposals unfortunately had to be declined or postponed. The RFP is to help get your project(s) accepted.
Benefits of being a Capstone client
- The projects should be of high value to your organization, typically something you want to do but do not have the resources or knowledge to do it yourself.
- These projects present an opportunity to:
- Introduce new innovative concepts into your organization (e.g., Use of Tabu Search Optimization to reduce production time, use of Simulation to identify operational bottlenecks, Green data centers, Lean Manufacturing practices)
- Attain significant improvements to your organization (e.g., 25% reduction in bottling times, savings of over $1,000,000 per year using a redesigned computer algorithm or equipment)
- Identify bright, future engineers who will soon enter the workforce (many of the students are subsequently hired by the Client)
- Access expertise of our faculty members who interact closely with the student teams and are at the forefront of their fields.
Why partner with MIE?
- Cutting edge technology applied to your company
- Zero-cost solutions for Capstone projects
- Identify potential future employees for your organization
If you are interested in any collaboration possibility with MIE, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Capstone contact information
- Matthesa Gregg,
Engineering Design Programs Assistant
- Tel: (416) 978 6409