The MIE Computing Services Office provides IT support for faculty, staff and research laboratories in the department.
Full-time computer specialists are in charge of maintaining the integrity of the computer systems, installation and repair of equipment, and responding to user problems.
MIE faculty, staff, research graduate students (PhD, MASc candidates) and researchers (postdocs, research associates, etc) may request a MIE Computer Account which provides Email Services (email address @mie.utoronto.ca), access to licensed software and network services, including Remote Access (VPN).
Non-research students (MEng, undergraduates) obtain computing access through the Engineering Computing Facility (ECF).
- Email & Computer Accounts
- Licensed Software
- Printing to Ricoh Copiers
- Remote Access (VPN)
- SendFile service (for sending large files)
To apply for MIE Computer and Email Account
- Graduate students with MIE supervisor and researchers please submit the Application Form to Computing Services offices. Approval from research supervisor is required (signature or email to Computing Services).
- Faculty and Staff please contact Computing Services.
Other computing resources
- Research labs provide specialized computing resources for your research needs. Please contact your supervisor or lab manager.
- Graduate students without MIE email address (MEng) please let us know your Utoronto email address to add you to our mailing lists.
- MEng students may apply for computer accounts on the Engineering Computing Facility (ECF) for course related work. ECF maintains computing labs with numerous software titles.
- Graduate course instructors can request ECF accounts for their class. Please see details and procedure on the ECF website.
- All requests for MIE Computing Support should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org