The MIE498 H/Y course provides students with an opportunity to conduct independent research under the supervision of a faculty member in MIE.
Thesis Handbook (with suggested outlines and dates)
Thesis Enrollment form
To complete and submit to MC109 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find a supervisor and a thesis topic: You can review the available thesis topics below or you can independently contact MIE faculty members who you are interested in working with. The website will be updated weekly with project submissions as they become available.
- Once you have found a faculty member who will supervise you, submit the thesis enrollment form to the MIE Undergraduate Office. Ensure that your supervisor signs the form.
- Attach a 1-page outline of the project you plan to undertake.
a. Explain how the research project builds upon one or more aspects of engineering science introduced in the student’s academic program
b. Provide an estimate of a level of effort not less than 40 productive hours of work per term
c. Specify a deliverable in each term to be submitted by the last day of lectures
- Final submission date for the Thesis topic forms: 5 business days prior the last day to add courses
- If approved, your research thesis will be added to your transcript on ROSI by the MIE UG Office. If it is not approved, we will notify you by email.
No projects at this time.